Scott Behson is a an accomplished professional speaker who provides talks, workshops, webinars and keynote addresses for corporate clients, not-for-profit organizations and major conferences.
His talks are simultaneously personal and professional, containing humor, insight and challenging truths. Scott builds his talks based on his life as a working dad, his deep expertise as an national expert in work-family, his skill as an award-winning business school professor, and his experience working with employers and parents all over the country. He brings a welcome perspective that balances the needs of employers and employees and demonstrates that work-family balance is not just a women’s concern.
Scott was a featured speaker at the United Nations’ International Day of the Family and the White House’s Summit for Working Families and Summit for Working Fathers. He has also provided insight and perspective on Work & Family Policy, Fatherhood and areas in which the two intersect, for some of the world’s leading companies and at national conventions.
While Scott works with his clients to customize his presentations, the most common topics he covers include:
- The challenges faced by today’s working fathers
- How managers and employers can address the needs of working parents while upholding high performance
- Navigating work and family in intensive workplaces
- The Working Dad’s Survival Guide: How to Succeed at Work and at Home
- A ‘balanced diet’ approach to balancing work and family
- Why paternity leave is so important and how employees and employers can make the most of it
- The joys and sacrifices of involved fatherhood
- Combatting chronic overwork
- Why gender equity in the workplace is in everyone’s interest
Scott is represented by the Bright Sight Group, a leading speakers agency.
Some recent speaking engagements include:
- The United Nations International Day of the Family
- The White House Summit for Working Families
- The White House Summit for Working Fathers
- Dozens of major corporations including Fortune 500 technology companies, accounting and financial firms, international law firms, medical device companies, and international banking institutions
- Major keynote and other addresses at conferences including Working Mother Magazine’s Work-Life Conference, World at Work’s Total Rewards Conference, CEW’s Cancer & Work Conference and Mom-mentum’s Women’s Leadership Conference, Northwestern University’s celebration of Work-Family Month, the National At-Home Dad Network, the O.Berk Family Business Forum, and the Dad 2.0 Summit
Scott is happy to work with NFPs, especially those working to promote work-family balance and/or fatherhood, on reduced pricing and discounted book purchases. He has worked with the NY Paid Leave Coalition, A Better Balance, 1 Million for Work Flexibility, Catalyst and more. Smaller NFPs should contact me directly.